I received a coupon for a "tune up" for $59.95. This is for sparkplugs only; screw out the old ones, screw in the new ones.

Nothing special. They told me that the plugs they would use for the coupon price would not work and that I had to have some super-premium plugs at triple the price. Not only that, they would have to replace the wires and the entire job would run me about $230. I don't remember the exact amount, but this is within a few dollars.

The guy told me that the super-premium titanium plugs were required. He talked very fast and had a "pat" answer to my probing questions about the high prices. I felt like he was treating me like an ***. I went down the street and bought factory recommended plugs for 1/3 the price Calvert's demanded.

I also got a new set of recommended wires. The total price for these two items was $36.93.

This place likes to bully people and take advantage of them; and this isn't the first time I've experienced their price-gouging. Today, I can un-screw and in-screw a few plugs myself.

Comments